Monday, November 1, 2010

Stylistic Spotlight On Kirby Mack Photography & Design

A few months ago, I had the awesome opportunity of being introduced to the work of Ms. Kirby Mack of Kirby Mack Photography & Design! I LOVE LOVE LOVE her work and you guys all know that if I find something that I believe is just SUPER, I want to share it with the world, so I hope you enjoy... 
Last week, I had the chance to chat with Kirby and pick her brain for a sec, and during our interview, she shared the following:
Q: So Kirby, tell me a bit about how you got started....
A: I got started when I wanted to create a Houston event blog. I knew that If I was gonna blog about things going on in Houston, I had to have great photos to go along with it. I purchased my first DSLR with no experience in using it, grabbed some of my friends and had a shoot. The feedback I got after posting the photos on Facebook was so huge that I decided go in the direction of Photography.
                                                                                             

Q: What would you recall as being some of the most memorable oppurtunities that you've been afforded because of your hard work and product?
A: In the short time I have been shooting, I have had opportunities to shoot the Audi Fashion show, Artists like Marvin Sapp, Kathy Taylor, James Fortune, Brian Courtney Wilson, Myron Williams and Marcus D. Wiley from the Yolanda Adams Morning Show to name a few. It's been a wonderful blessed experience!


photo courtesy of Kirby Mack for Jones Magazine


Q: What would you consider to be your absolute FAV part of what you do?
AMy favorite part of what I do is to show through my photos how blessed the client is. When I shoot my client's, most of them are at a period in they're life where they have transitioned or about to transition into an awesome season. It could be a new business, marriage, new child, a new book; I feel that my job is to show the 'blessing'. It can be a smile, glow, or laughter; When you see the photo, you can't deny that its there.




Q: Last but not least, what's your life motto?
A:"Think Outside the Frame!"

For booking information, or to view more of her photography & design work, visit Kirby at http://www.facebook.com/KirbyMackPhotos ! 

Stylishly Yours, 
                          madamëstylë


1 comment:

  1. YAAAAYYYY....THATS MY BESTEST FRIEND IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD AND SHE IS A VISIONARY AND ARTIST!!!! CONTINUE TO USE THE GIFTS THAT GOD GAVE "YOU" AND REMAIN HUMBLE!!! THIS IS BARELY THE START OF THINGS BECAUSE THERE ARE MORE BLESSINGS IN STORE FOR YOU....GREAT JOB KIRBY!!!...PHILL IS SO PROUD OF YOU NO MATTER WHAT!!!...I LOVE YOU!!!! (SQUEEZES CHEEKS)..

    ReplyDelete