Thursday, November 18, 2010

Chloe's Winter Wonderland In The City Wedding!

Today, I had the awesome opportunity of meeting with stylëvënts' December 2011 bride, Chloe. She and I became acquainted with one another through a mutual friend, and instantly bonded during our frequent fb chats & emails just talking "wedding stuff". Like me, Chloe is an event designer here in the Houston area and she is clueless as to what elements she wants to go with (as a final choice) for her "Winter Wonderland In The City" themed wedding! Yes, I know you may be thinking... "why is an event coordinator clueless about her own wedding".. Well, let me tell you that I can definitely understand where Chloe is coming from because there is a certain challenging of creativity that comes with designing an event for a regular client versus designing an event for another designer.

 As an event designer you spend so much time cultivating radical & fashionable ideas that will blow your clients away, sometimes you just lose it when it's time to go to the drawing board for yourself because there is so much in your head and you want to be sure that your concept ROCKS OUT anything you've ever done! When creating an event for yourself, you want to be sure you stay away from utilizing trends & venues that you've used with past clients (even though they were your idea), and that's exactly what I could see Chloe having the most trouble with. Overall, it's just so wierd sometimes how we can "BE" something to someone and will not allow ourselves to "BE" that exact same thing to ourselves... I wonder what thats about.. 

Anyway, Chloe and I finally had a sit down sat to overview the inspiration lookbook that I compiled for her. I wanted her to be able to overview a  few different concepts that we could possibly incorporate into her day and give her the opportunity to tweak from there instead of becoming overwhelmed looking at and thinking about 100 different concepts that she could possibly utilize for THE BIG DAY, looking through magazines! Here are a few of the ideas that were used in the lookbook. I will keep you guys posted on how think go! Stay Tuned!

I submitted this concept in Chloe's Ceremony Decor section of her lookbook!
I believe this look is as "winter wonderlandish" as we can get!  

This look was submitted to Chloe for Pre-Reception Decor Inspiration 

This look is actually one of my favorites, was submitted to Chloe,
should she decide to go with the church wedding versus Hotel Zaza



3 comments:

  1. OMG Oneika, Hi! I don't know if you know me. I just stumbled across this site. When I saw your picture I was like "I know her". I see you sing every Sunday at HOPE. What a small world. Wow. This is amazing. Your blog is BEAUTIFUL! What I am more excited about is...I know who to come to for my wedding next year...(YES I am speaking it.) God is so amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, please keep your blog update on the wedding details. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous...absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete